Roman shades are a type of window covering used to block sun. They come in different styles and materials. The following explains how to clean roman shades:
- Vacuum: Vacuum the shades to remove loose dirt and dust, which is preferred for modern roman shades with no embroidery. Vacuum the shades on a low setting weekly or up to 3 times a week. Vacuuming regularly will extend the life of your shades.
- Spot, Spill and Stain Clean: Use a damp cloth and fabric cleaner to clean any spots, spill or stains on your roman shades. Use a cleaner and test the cleaner first in an ordinary area. For spray and wash cleaning agents, make sure you can wash your shades before applying.
- Machine Clean: Clean heavy soils in the washing machine. If your shades don’t contain plastic or wooden battens, you can wash them in your washing machine with mild detergent. Hang them to dry and iron out wrinkles even if your shades contain wooden or plastic parts, which can be found in fabric sleeves. Open one end of the sleeve and slip out the wood or plastic strip. Reinsert the strips after washing.
- Steam Clean: Leave the decorative roman shades in place and use the fabric attachment of your steam cleaner. Be careful not to over-wet the shade.
- Dry Clean: Give the shades to a dry cleaner if your shades are fragile or you’re afraid of other cleaning methods. A dry cleaner, especially one who handles draperies, should be able to clean them for you.
Contact Us for Roman Shades
Lanera Decorating provides high quality window roman shades and custom made roman shades. We have affordable, decorative, modern, and custom made roman shades. We have been in business since 1963, and serve all over New York in Scarsdale, Wykagyl, Harrison, Rye, Larchmont, Mamaroneck and Westchester. Call today at 914-670-7668 or leave a message at our website and we will get back to you.